Braised Celery, Mushroom, & Garlic Puree
1 lb mushrooms
4 ribs celery
4 cloves garlic
Spices – sea salt, black pepper, thyme, rosemary, sage, etc.
Chicken Broth1. Lightly spray a sautee pan with EVOO
1. Chop celery in thin slices, place in sautee pan, cooking at medium heat ~5-8 minutes until they start turning transclucent
2. While the celery is sauteeing, wash & thinly slice the mushrooms, add to the sautee pan
3. Dice the garlic, add to the pan, and allow to brown slightly while adding your spices to taste
4. Add Chicken Broth to just barely cover vegetables and allow to simmer over low heat ~10 minutes
5. Pour into a blender and puree until smooth, add spices to taste*I use this as ‘gravy’ over my meat as well as a soup thickener.
*Recently I roasted a turkey and after chilling and skimming the fat from the pan drippings I added this puree and everyone
SAUCE / GRAVY
Pour 6.5 oz. (200 ml) of hot (not boiling) water into a bowl. Add one packet of Ideal Protein Chicken Soup or Leek Soup and mix with a mixer or hand mixer. Serve over vegetables and/or meat.
Add more or less water depending on how thick you prefer the sauce.